Sunday, February 20, 2011

ice cream & nutella

Taking a short break from finishing my first paper of the semester, I thought this would be a perfect time to blog!  I finally feel like I've settled into a routine here - between class, activities, and homework (well, really just reading - 7 down, 21 to go!), I definitely have a set schedule.
One of the best days of the week was Wednesday (and not just because I didn't have class :) ) - my roommate Anna and I bought ice cream from one of the local ice cream stores, and oh my gosh was it delicious!  That night was also curry night at one of the local bars.  Sadly, this one did not live up to our expectations, so we relocated to a different pub for dessert!
My flatmates and I definitely have a sweet-tooth problem.  The two most commonly eaten foods in our apartment are dark chocolate digestives and Nutella.   The three of us can literally go through a package of dark chocolate digestives in a day (digestives are like finely-ground oat cookies....what my family would call "tea cookies" at home), and Anna and I went through a 750g jar of Nutella (the biggest size available) in a week!  The ice cream shoppe we went to also sells crepes, and we found the perfect size Nutella jar for us!
We wish Nutella actually came
in this size!
Besides paper writing, this weekend also gave me the chance to finalize plans for Spring Break!  I am so excited to travel Europe with Jessica and Margaret Ann! :)  I'm also very excited to have my flatmates home today!  They were both gone for the weekend, and its been so weird to be in the apartment by myself!
This upcoming week promises to be very exciting - we have a program-wide pub quiz on Wednesday, and then I'm going on my first study trip on Friday!  My Shakespeare class is traveling to Stratford-Upon-Avon to see the Shakespeare archives, and to top it all off, we're going to see a production of King Lear.
And now I'm off to finish up that paper!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday (I hear the weather is gorgeous in Virginia - over 70 yesterday in Williamsburg!), and I'll post more pictures after our day in Stratford!
Tschues!

1 comment:

  1. guess who i get to see in practically a week?!?!?! AHHHHH i can't believe it!!:D

    ReplyDelete