Thursday, April 28, 2011

21 years, 3 days, 7 hours, and 40 minutes

I can't believe I only have 3 more weeks here in Bath.  Where did the semester go?  Today I turned in my last paper of the semester, and finished my 28th book.  Crazy.  Since my schoolwork is in a lull until exams, that means I now have time to start planning for the future.  It's strange to think that in about a month I'll be down in Williamsburg finally completing my Monroe project!  It's even weirder that I've registered for the GRE and am starting to put lists of grad schools together.  I feel like this chapter in my life has gone by so quickly - and it's really sad that I only have a year left at William & Mary.  I feel like there is so much I still have to do there (like finish the Triathalon! haha).  But anyways, I'll stop pondering the future for now, and move on to what I've been doing for the past two weeks!
Outside Windsor Castle
My sweet family arrived on the 16th, and we had a wonderful week together!  It was so nice to visit with them and show them my life in Bath!  This is definitely the longest I've gone without seeing my family, and I've missed them!  The day after they arrived, we went on a day trip to the Cotswolds, a collection of quaint towns and villages in  southwest England.  The day was absolutely beautiful!  Actually, I'm convinced that they brought the warm Virginia weather with them because Bath was in the 70s the whole week, which is incredibly unusual for April!  Monday and Tuesday I had class, so the fam had some time to explore the city on their own, and then on Wednesday, Momma, Daddy, and I took a trip over to Windsor!  We continued the family adventure as we voyaged up to St. Andrews for a visit with Jessica on Thursday.  I stayed until Easter Sunday, so we had lots of time to visit, celebrate our birthday and easter, and even take a trip to Crail!
Hello 21!!
After travelling for the weekend, it was actually really nice to get back to Bath.  My roommates made Easter Dinner for us and a couple of our friends, and even made me a birthday cake!  My actual birthday was rather uneventful, but we all went out to celebrate on Tuesday night, which was so much fun!  We started the night at the Huntsman, as per usual, and ended with dancing at one of the local clubs, Moles.  I had such a great time - it was really a wonderful way to celebrate being 21! :)
Looking ahead, next week is Stratford week (or really, Stratford three days), and I may or may not have internet access during that time.  But I will definitely update again once we get back!  Until then, Tschues!

No comments:

Post a Comment