Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So There.

Imogene Gwendolyn Kelley
November 29, 1915 - December 22, 2012
97 years, 22 days, and an unknown number of hours.

Such a full life.  Great Grandma was spunky, eccentric, and opinionated to the end.  If I ever make it to 97, I want to be like you.  I want to begin every statement with "Now children," and end them with "so there."  I want to be stubborn enough to survive without going to the doctor for years, and strong enough to break my neck at the age of 95 and have no debilitating damage.  I'm going to miss your stories and your funny phrases.  I'm going to miss you.

But as much as we miss you, we celebrate you.  You were a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, who had seen much in her long life.  You knew how to live life to the fullest, and you enjoyed your 97 blessed years.

So There.

No comments:

Post a Comment