Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthday Week 2013

Back in March, my roommate Peggy & I instituted "birthday week" in honor of our other roommate, Janelle. The plan was to love Janelle in some small way every day during the week of her birthday.  This tradition has continued, and so this past week was my "birthday week."  SO FUN.  I cannot thank my friends here at Covenant enough for making me feel so loved and special during this past week! :)  Here are some of the highlights:

On Monday (the official start of birthday week), I got back from my normal early-morning gym workout to find a balloon and mini-latte made by Peggy.  Later that day, I was surprised with BEAUTIFUL roses from Eric.
Thursday (my actual birthday), started off with breakfast made by Peggy, and an early-morning skype session with my co-birthday-girl, Jessica.  It was so fun getting to see her on our birthday and open presents together.  I really missed celebrating with her this year, and I've resolved that twins should never spend their birthdays alone.  Having her with me is a fundamental part of how I think my birthday should be celebrated, and it was really sad for her not to be here with me.  After class, I went to lunch with my dear friend Taylore, and Eric took me out for dinner later that night.
Friday was the official party day.  My friends threw me an AWESOME dinner party.  You all need to let Janelle cook for you - oh my goodness, was it amazing!  Homemade bruschetta, shrimp scampi, and chicken alfredo (yes, she made her own sauce); I couldn't ask for a more delicious meal.  I felt so loved by all who planned and came to celebrate with me!  We ended the evening at a pub called McGurk's in Soulard (downtown-ish St. Louis) with a huge crowd of Covenant students.  Peggy got everyone in the bar to sing to me, which was such a special way to end the night!
Sunday was the official close to birthday week.  Eric treated me to lunch and then a cupcake at Jilly's cupcake bar.  SO YUMMY.  This place is a must if you come to St. Louis.  Jilly's was on Food Network's Cupcake Wars and WON!  They are going to be on the show again in a couple of weeks, I believe.

Thank you, everyone for all of the birthday love this week.  It has been so fun for me to celebrate with all of you, and I appreciate the love and affirmation you have showered me with this past week! :)  I couldn't ask for a better way to start my last week of classes and finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment