Monday, September 24, 2012

Remembering

I can't believe it's been a month - and now that I've gotten over the initial shock of it all, I'm starting to remember things.  Quirky things, lovable thing, things that made you you.  This past week, I was talking to a friend of mine about drinking hot water and lemon, and I got a very vivid image in my head of how you used to always order hot water at restaurants.  No lemon, no tea, just hot water.  I'm sure the waiters thought you were crazy!  But you didn't want to drink the hot water, you wanted to warm your hands with it.
These memories hit me, and at times I think I'm going to completely lose it.  But these memories are precious - things to be treasured.  They are the stories that I will tell my children about you.
I can't believe it's been a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment