Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Precious Moments

I'm currently procrastinating writing a journal entry for one of my classes, and I wanted to share two moments that absolutely touched my heart over the past week or so:
1.  Two seven-year-olds, Josie & Celesté, frequently come to our apartment to chat with me and my roommates.  These two girls are seriously some of the cutest kids I have ever met!  The other day, Josie ran up to me and said:  "Miss Sarah! I missed you so much! I cried at school today because you weren't there."  My heart melted.  They've also promised to buy me an American Girl doll for my birthday (clearly no concept of how much they cost!), and have officially adopted me as their step-sister (the nice kind, not the Cinderella-kind).  Too cute.
2.  Today, I was swinging on the swing-set on campus (one of my favorite past-times), and a 6-year-old named Hudson came up and started swinging next to me.  First of all, he was carrying a home-made shield (he gets so many awesome-points for that!).  And second of all, he was singing some pop song from the radio (that comes into play later).  After going through what we're going to be for Halloween (he's going to be a king, hence the shield; and he told me I should be Rapunzel), our favorite colors, and how to make a homemade shield, I asked him what song he was singing.  He couldn't remember the name of it, so I asked him to sing another one of his favorite songs.  His response:
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number so call me maybe?  It's hard to look right at you baby, but here's my number so call me maybe?  Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number so call me maybe?  And all the other boys try to chase me, but here's my number, so call me maybe?"

One of my favorite things about living on campus at Covenant is getting to interact with the families and kids.  There is a playground in the middle of campus, so the kids run all over the place, and are just SO PRECIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment