Monday, October 22, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I've never been so happy to make the long trek from Concourse C to the Main Terminal in Dulles Airport.  There a couple of airports that I could probably walk in my sleep (Dulles and Denver), and the familiarity of it all was so wonderful.  Who'd of thought that I would feel so at home in an airport?
As I right this, I am sitting in a Panera (also known as the St. Louis Bread Company), taking advantage of their free WIFI service.  My house currently does not have internet - talk about living in the dark ages! - and it amazes me how much we really do rely on it for communication.  I felt so out-of-the-loop for not checking my GMail or Facebook for 3 days!  When I think about it, I've had an email address of my own for over half of my life (anyone else remember those AOL dial-up days?), and my family has had a computer for about as long as I've been alive.  Granted, I realize that we were ahead of the times 20 years ago, but it's still weird to think that I've never known a time where a PC (or a Mac) was not available to me.  Going without Internet in recent days has really shown me how privileged I've been.

Ashburn, I am so excited to be spending the next 4 days here.  I've missed this place so much.
MPC, it was so wonderful to be back last Sunday.  I don't know if I'll ever find a church that I love as much as you in St. Louis.
William & Mary, my home away from home, see you on Friday!  I know that it will be different now that I'm not a student - but there have been so many times that I have looked for glimpses of you at Covenant, and just haven't seen it.  I need to see my W&M family again - you are such a big part of who I am.

Oh, it is so sweet to be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment